Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Post from Pittsburgh

Actually, I updated my other blog, so this ain't the first post in Pittsburgh, but oh wells.

I'm doing fine here, InsyaAllah. The seniors are extremely, extremely, seriously extremely kind. Gosh, I didn't know anyone can be that nice.

Alhamdulillah Allah helped us through the generosity of the seniors.

My journey to the US was smooth. No delayed flight. Nobody got lost. No luggage was missing. Really, Allah helped us a lot.

InsyaAllah we'll be able to sleep in our new house tomorrow (I've been sleeping in th seniors' house for the past 6 days). I jsut need to settle the internet connection problem.

I am terribly homesick here. I cry every night ever since I got here. I usually feel homesick when the sky is dark. The bad thing is, I usually woke up around 2:00am-4:00am in the morning.

So when it's quiet and there was nobody around, I felt really homesick.

Then I cried.

:(

I hope this thing won't last long. I'll be sleeping soon, so I hope I won't cry so much.

I saw that not many of my peers who had arrived in the US updated their blogs all that much. That's quite understandable. Settling in takes time.

That's all I guess.

If you're reading this, pray for me that everything will go smoothly for me and my friends in the US.

If there are a few bumps on the road, then pray that we'll be strong enough to endure the journey.

Allah, help us weak humans. Only to You do we depend on.

Salam.

6 comments:

  1. Amalina be strong :)


    Allah with you :)

    dont worry too much about your family..
    just put ur hope and faith in Allah to take care of your family :)

    smile always!

    jangan sakit2 ya :)

    be strong friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamu'alaikum.

    Thank you so much for the update, and deep apologies from me for asking you to update your blog(well, in a way, I did), seeing that you're still busy settling in.Minta maaf sangatsangatsangat.

    Know that, our prayers are always with you. You've gotta be strong because you have ALLAH with you(the STRONGEST force everrrr). :) InsyaAllah...you'll be just fine.

    Jaga diri(and your house :P) baik-baik tau! Coz I'm looking forward to visit you at Pittsburgh like we've planned before.

    *Uhh...sorry for taking your time, Amalina. I must admit, this comment = a blog update,a short essay etc. =.="

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Shira and Nadiah. Here I feel sort of far away from ALlah, which is bad.

    Your encouraging words helped. Thank you again. And really, there's no problem in updating the blog. I inteded to write something here anyway.

    Hopefully I can feel closer to Allah here. I really need His help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amin Amalina..
    insyaAllah...

    just dont lose ur faith oke :)

    keep ur faith in Him strong and deep :D

    nti kite jumpa ya :) mesti bestkan? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaga diri baik baik Amalina

    ReplyDelete
  6. live well,study well n eat well. B)

    ReplyDelete