Saturday, August 28, 2010

Classes... Books... Shopping... Money...

I'm still worried about my classes, though I try not to make a big scene, because I know other people here are also worried about their own classes.

I had to take another "class" called Introduction to the Arts and Sciences. Apparently, all international students have to take this. It's one credit, but I think the credit doesn't count towards graduation.

So that makes it 14 credit hours for me.

I was thinking about adding and dropping certain subjects... But let's see how it goes first. I need to meet an advisor before I add or drop anything (since I'm kinda new, and I really do need guidance from them).

The books here are expensive. I am quite scared thinking about the books. I found another bookstore just now, so maybe we can check that out after this.

The two other bookstores I went to sell books at the same price. So no use buying books there.

*~*~*

I went to Downtown with Saf just now. We went to Macy's and Berlington Factory. The stuffs at Berlington Factory are quite cheap (and no taxes too!). I was browsing for winter clothings there.

Maybe we'll go there next weekend. I need to ask the seniors about the winter clothings here.

*~*~*

We didn't exactly buy anything. Just a few socks.

And yes, I'm worried about money (again).

I've set up my online banking account. So now InsyaAllah I can pay all my bills on line--House rent, Comcast, Tmobile.

*~*~*

Living up here really forces you to grow up. I'm a sheltered child who depends a lot on my parents. I didn't have to call the internet service, pay rent and mobile phone bills, or buy groceries (I did this. Not with my money though).

So living here really, really forces me to grow up.

Haish.

I'm scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment