My Mak went to PD from Tuesday till Thursday this week. In her absence, I can say Ujai and I did pretty well by ourselves.
But there are certain things I realized that I couldn't/reluctant to do when Mak's not around.
For example?
1. Throwing away wastes in the sink.
I don't know about your sink, but here in our home, we have a filter basket where we throw away solids in it, so liquid can flow, but the solids remain in the basket. Thus the sink isn't clogged.
(I HATE, HATE, HATE people who throw solids into the sink. Tak kira la rice ke, sayur ke, daging ke, I HATE people who throw solids into the sink. Hari tu ada orang buang nasi dalam sink kat college. Mesti tak penah keje kat dapur tu. Jahanam sink.)
Anyways... Mak usually throws the solids in the filter away. I don't like doing that. So in Mak's absence, I had to do the job lah. Ergh. I had to ask for Ujai's help to get the deed done.
Now that Mak's home, I'll let her do that work. Lemme do other things in the kitchens.
2. Washing really old stuffs.
You know the old stuffs?
Like, the scrambled eggs Ujai cooked two days ago, that everyone forgot to wash, and after two days, the eggs are classified as highly radioactive?
Yeah, old stuffs like that.
So scary to wash those stuffs, I'm telling you. Mak usually takes care of stuffs like that. No way am I handling radioactive materials like that.
Even if I was the one who forgot to dispose of the food, I always make Mak wash away the radioactive materials. Huhu. Call me irresponsible, I don't care.
3. Washing pots and pans and the big heavy stuffs.
I can do the dishes. In fact, all the siblings can do the dishes, even Ujai, although he's a boy. There's no such mentality like,
"Oh, since he's a boy, he doesn't have to do the dishes. Plus, he has two sisters, so let the sisters do the kitchen work."
Nu-uh. Not in this house. Ujai cooks and eats too, so he does the dishes too. I heard in certain households the abangs or the adik lelaki (yang dah masuk college pun ada) don't do their own dishes. Biar kakak or adik pempuan yang buat. Lelaki tak payah buat.
Not a chance. The only exception in this is my Abah, because he does other things in the house, like repairing the cars, do electrical stuffs, internet stuffs, etc. Only Abah is exempted from doing his own dishes. Until Ujai can show how he contributes in other parts of the house, he'll continue washing dishes. Everyone pulls their own weight around here.
Tak adil lah kakak yang makan tak berapa banyak, yang masak tak berapa banyak, kena wash all the dishes kan? Orang lain yang makan banyak, yang masak banyak, takkan awak tak buat keje plak?
Anyway, I digressed. Mak usually washes the pots and pans. Especially those besar gabak ones. I don't like washing pots and pans. Even my own pan (yeah, there's a pan in which I claim as my own. I really love that pan).
But when push comes to shove, I wash lah those things. But as long as I can escape from doing it, I'll let Mak do it. Hehe.
*~*~*
ye,ye, you can get away from doing all those items. But wait till you become a mak....have to chase away all the creepies crawlies. Things get worst if your other half is more scared of forgs and lipas and cicak!!! But never fear, as you get older, your skin gets tougher...
ReplyDelete