Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Thank You Allah

Have you ever thought about this?

Whenever you finish praying, you'd usually make a doa to Allah, praying for health, wealth, etc.

And when you're really in trouble, then only you'd turn to Allah (otherwise you'd live merrily, not even remembering Allah all that much).

When you're in deep trouble, you'd pray to Allah a lot, you perform solat hajat a lot, in hopes He'd help you.

But when the trouble has passed, you seldom say "Thank You Allah".

Sometimes, we just know how to say "Allah, please, I beg of you to help me in my studies"

"Allah, help my family fight against Syaitan and its accomplice"

"Allah, help me get through this interview"

Always "Allah help me, please"

Nothing wrong with asking to the ALmighty God of course, and I know Allah is always, always, always there for His followers.

But sometimes, it's nice to say "Allah, thank you so much for helping me in the interview"

"Allah, thank you for giving me the strength to sit for the exam"

"Allah, thank you for keeping my family together"




I think I need to thank Allah a lot too, instead of just ask and ask and ask.

Sometimes I feel ashamed for asking too much from Him (but I think there's nothing wrong for being hopeful in Allah... Right?).

I should start saying more Thank Yous in my prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Salam.

    Nice post lah, amalina-san.
    Yes, we should be more thankful to Allah for His blessings to us.
    Thank You, Allah...=)

    Btw, it is indeed a good thing to ask anything(good,of course) from Him.
    The more you ask from Him, the more He likes you because it shows that we are having the greatest faith in Him. And, Allah likes us to have 'pergantungan' on Him and no one else.
    So, let's keep praying to Him.

    p/s : Thank you to you too for this reminder.

    ReplyDelete