As in, the MAX book of Maximum Ride.
*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL*`
ZOMG there are so many Fax moments in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I loathe Dr. Brigid. She is so gedik with Fang. But Fang kept on encouraging her anyways, so I can't totally blame her. Fang should act a little bit more distant to her. IMHO lah.
*~*~*
Now, let's take a brief detour from the Fax fangirliness, and focus on the book.
The book was simply, okay.
It's not terrific, it's not bad, it's just so-so.
The characters are mad fun, of course, but the plot, the substance of the book itself, is boring. It's just a bunch of "let's-save-the-environment-from-the-evil-entrepreneurs-and-save-Max's-mom" kind of thing.
Boring.
*~*~*
I am partial as to how Mr. Patterson showed the kids' extraordiraniness.
Like how Max put it--They are genetically enhanced. They can't help being strong, fast, and light. They just are.
It's nice knowing about Iggy and Gazzy's intelligence to all things explosive. Like this one lady said: "You're a little diabolical pyro, aren't you?"
Yes, they are.
Oh, and their knowledge on weaponry was awesome too. The marine officer simply face palmed himself and let them pass the test. Haha.
And not to forget the covert op!
The officer said "We didn't see the tall dark one, sir, or the tall blond one, or the oldest girl. We saw the younger boy, but he... incapacitated us."
XD
*~*~*
Ok, back to Fax fangirling.
I really like how Mr. Patterson portrayed Max's mind. It's like a girl with emotional upheaval, and it seems real.
Heck, Max's emotions are more real than most romantic-novels heroines' feelings.
She was insecure with Dr. Brigid, and Fang didn't help her disposition either. But in the end, there was a lot of kissing, and bonding, and fluffiness.
And readers can totally relate to Max's insecurities and her confusion.
*~*~*
ZOMG I TOTALLY FELT THE FLUFFINESS IN THIS BOOK!
It's like, cotton candies, lots of pink cotton candies had filled my head and my heart while reading the Fax moments.
Ehem.
*~*~*
I might reread this book, but just to skim the good parts, like when Iggy and Gazzy were doing crazy things, or when Max had one of her insecurities, and the Fax moments.
I won't reread it for the plot. That doesn't interest me at all.
*~*~*
Yeah yeah, I know the book was out a long time ago, but I just read it today. It's surprisingly fast to finish this book. Maybe the font is large.
Can't wait to read FANG.
There'd better be a lot of Fax moments in that one too. I want to know how Fang really feels about Max, since he can be very, VERY, VERY vague when it comes to emotions.
Antara Socrates dan Salamis: Merenung ‘Kerosakan’ Anak Muda dalam Memori
Sejarah
-
“Berbaloi pelaburan €2 aku!” Saya mengomel sendirian. Saya sedang membaca
buku Corrupting Youth: Political Education, Democratic Culture, and
Political The...
4 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment