...in Arabic.
Just now we had to make simple sentences in Arabic.
Shubbak--Window.
Hmm... Shubbak, window.
Then my head went blank.
"What's the Malay word for window?"
ZOMG I experienced retroactive interference. The closest I could remember to window was "jendela", but I was sure there was another, more common word for it.
How in the heck could you forget your mother tongue?
And then, it clicked-
Tingkap.
P/S: True story.
Antara Socrates dan Salamis: Merenung ‘Kerosakan’ Anak Muda dalam Memori
Sejarah
-
“Berbaloi pelaburan €2 aku!” Saya mengomel sendirian. Saya sedang membaca
buku Corrupting Youth: Political Education, Democratic Culture, and
Political The...
4 months ago
best tak belajar arabic? i wanna take it too someday, hopefully
ReplyDeleteLol, hahahaha! Jendela, fuyyoh, tak pernah dibuat orang guna perkataan jendela :P
ReplyDeletehahaha. XD
ReplyDeleteBoleh la jugak Sab. At least paham la sikit2, huhu.
ReplyDeleteRudy and En Fadli--Yes, memang sangat mengejutkan when you can't remember bahasa sendiri.