Saturday, January 2, 2010

I cringe...

At bad English.

I'm not perfect in English, I know *rolls eyes*, and I'm sure you can find mistakes and typos in my blogs (especially the private one), but really, don't you just hate it when you see bad English?

I cringe every time I see bad English. I'm by no means a "purist"; a linguist who scrutinizes over every dots and strokes of the language, and I admit I go

"ZOMG WTF JUST HAPPENED?!"

or

"Tadi kan, I saw this gigantic katak and I didn't know what the heck to do"

once in a while most of the time, but still, I do try to write in good (if not always proper) English.

And I'm fine with people ranting and raving in their blogs (it's their personal space, let them be. Don't like, don't read). But I hate it when people don't write properly in articles. Especially online articles where you can publish anything you want without anyone proofreading your work.

It doesn't matter if it's a motivational article, inspiring article, da'wah article, or whatnot. If I don't like your English, I don't read it. I might miss something important, but I save my sanity and my eyes by not reading your article.

Fanfics too. It doesn't matter how good the plot is, if the language is bad, then I ain't no reading that piece of "work".


So yes, the substance is important, but so is the vessel in which you try to convey your message. If people don't read your thing, then the substance doesn't get delivered.

Got it memorized? (plagiarizingAxelwhattheheck)

No comments:

Post a Comment