Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sedar... Then tak sedar...

Have you noticed?

I don't know if you ever felt this way, but I realized about this thing earlier.

Sometimes your iman is very high, like, really high.

You feel like Allah is very close to you.

That feeling is nice right?

But then, you will stray away from Allah, slowly, bit by bit, little by little...

And some things will only continue to lead you away from Allah.

*~*~*

Maybe this is only me, but I realize this about myself.

Usually, if I start to listen to Kpop, or Jpop, or anime songs, I will slowly get further away from Allah.

Then if I read or watch mangas and animes, I will slowly feel distant from Allah.

Same goes when I watch MVs or those Korean TV shows.

It doesn't happen abruptly, mind you.

It happens slowly, it happens gradually.

*~*~*

Some things just can't mix.

Or maybe it's just hard for me to balance between becoming closer to Allah, and to stick with animes/mangas/dramas/music.

*~*~*

And yes, it's hard.

Especially since I grew up, I freaking grew up with animes, mangas, games.

I have periodic Digimon-craziness every year. I have manga-reading binge. I have anime-watching binge. I have K-dramas-watching binge.

Ujian ujian ujian...

Slowly, slowly, slowly...

*~*~*

I'm thinking about studying Arabic 2 next semester. That means I might have to drop Ecology.

What do you think?

I really want to seriously study Arabic (albeit only Modern Standard Arabic).

5 comments:

  1. ambil lah arabic. i think it's good 4 u :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Secara kebetulan, petang tadi terjumpa buku lama bertajuk " Kesalahan-kesalahan dalam solat". Nampak remeh, dah kita akan kata, tak kan dah umur 50 th lebih masih nak baca buku macam tu? Tapi bila baca tajuk-tajuknya, memang bagus buat revision. One of the topics touch on what we should and shouldn't be doing outsite of our solat. Those things will surely affect the quality of our solat and iman. Dont you think so?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam.

    Betubetulbetul! Kita ingat benda-benda tu tak affect kita, tapi sebenarnya unconciously kita ter'effect' dengannya.

    Thanks for reminding, Amalina-san. Memang kena tepat dengan diri ini. :)

    Jom kita sama-sama cuba kurangkan perkara-perkara macam ni. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iman kita yazid (naik) wa yankus (turun).. Amal, minta la kekuatan tu dr Allah. Sbnrnya apa pn yg kita buat dan minta, in the end Allah ialah the one and only answer.

    Menyedari dan mempunyai perasaan mcm ni pn satu nikmat.. ;) All the best..

    ReplyDelete
  5. salam..
    amalina, kte pun camtu gak...
    memang sometimes tu bile dh start tgk korean drama balik, terase cam jauh ngn Allah..tp sometimes, Allah tarik kite balik ke jln yg betul..tp tu la..kadang2 kite ni ikut je nafsu kite ni..jom, kuatkn diri jom :D moge kite sentiase berade di jln yg beutl :D

    ReplyDelete