Monday, July 5, 2010

Good news and other things

The good news is, I might not need to take any more maths at Pittsburgh.

YEAY! Thank goodness I took Calculus I and II already.

The not so good news is that I might have to take Physics II there.

*~*~*

I plan on putting my laptop downstairs (so I won't be able to go online in my room).

*~*~*

I. Am. Struggling. To. Get. Better.

But everytime I thought I was climbing, I fell down again.

Then I felt disappointed with myself.

Then I gave up on Allah.

Which, by the way, I shouldn't be feeling.

:(

Oh Allah, Help and Guide me please.

For only in You do I ever depend on.

*~*~*

I'm trying to live by this motto: "What's important is what Allah Thinks of you, not what human beings think."

But then again, this is hard (for me).

Sometimes you (I) feel too conscious about what others might think about yourself (myself).

"Is this dress too lame?"

"Do I look stupid?"

"Do I need to impress more people?"

"I need to look smarter, and better than her."

"Do people think I'm backward?"


STOP.

If you think what you're doing is right in Allah's view, then that should be enough for you.

Because in the end, Allah is the One to Judge you. Not your friends, not your parents, not your neighbor next door.

*~*~*

I think I've babbled enough today.

Salam.

5 comments:

  1. she-who-is-waiting-for-exam-results-and-is-very-boredJuly 5, 2010 at 9:25 PM

    Kiki, if me, kdg2 bila nk bersiap pun tgk cermin lama gila, pdhal sume ok je. Then I would told myself to stop, because I didn't bersiap so that I can attract other people's attention.Not to say that it's okay to be selekeh, just that x perlu lebih2, sederhana.

    Ok, xde kaitan pn ngan your post, but just want to say, I think intention is important, like why do you wear this and that, or why do you do this and that.

    Because of Allah.

    "Sesungguhnya setiap amalan itu bergantung kepada niat..."

    Let people talk if they want to talk. Dapat pahala free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no need to put ur lappy downstairs.Online je spnjang hari.haha. B)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, do you mind if I ask you what is your major? My major doesn't require Physics I and now I'm scared. :|

    ReplyDelete
  4. En Fadhli: Saya tak mahu online sepanjang hari.

    Rudy: I'm planning to major in Microbiology. In Uni. of Pittsburgh, for Microbiology you need to take a few "corequisite subjects"--Which include Physics I & II.

    If the major you wanna apply for (I thought it has something to do with geology, is it?) doesn't require Physics--THEN THAT'S GOOD NEWS!

    I think it all comes down to the Uni you apply. Maybe certain unis won't require Physics for certain majors. Check with Ms. Zaleha if you're not sure, k?

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She who now waits for results:

    TRUE TRUE! I'm also trying not to be so vain. Try to let go of physical beauty because you know it'll fade--You either get too old, or you be dead young--both of which beauty won't matter no more.

    I'm sorry, but blogger lambat upload comments, especially anonymous ones! I couldn't read your comments earlier. TT__TT

    ReplyDelete