Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hodgepodge

In Religions class today our lecturer showed us a documentary about the Nanjing Massacre. I thought about putting a picture here, but I was scared I might find something too horrifying. So I won't put a picture here. You can Google "Nanjing Massacre", and I think lots of pictures will come out.

I feel more knowledeable after watching that vid. At least I wasn't as ignorant as I was before.

Some parts of the documentary were so horrifying, that I'd do my organic chemistry revision to divert my attention from the film. It's a good thing I don't understand Chinese, because I couldn't understand or hear the horrible stories when the survivors relayed their tales.

Scary scary scary.

It amazes me though how some people can manage to be in complete self-denial when so much evidences and proof are so obvious in front of them.

"I wonder how the women of Japan would react if they knew how the men behaved in Nanjing..."

Yes, I do wonder too. They'd be horrified wouldn't they?

*~*~*

I don't have a birthday cake. But that's understandable. Everyone was so busy today. I kept forgetting it's my birthday. When people at INTI wished me "Happy Birthday", I felt... awkward.

Our family isn't really the celebrating kind.

And at Facebook, omigosh, so many birthday wishes. Really people, you guys make me feel uncomfortable.

One thing about me--I don't like replying to people's messages.

If you call me, sometimes I purposely won't pick up the phone.

If you send me SMSes, sometimes I didn't reply (and not because I don't have any credits. I'm using post-paid).

If you YM me, actually sometimes I feel REALLY reluctant to reply back.

If you email me, same thing, I feel REALLY reluctant to give feedback.

It might be a slight personality glitch somewhere in my brain. Oh well.

*~*~*

2 comments:

  1. Salam.

    I still couldn't get those images out of my brain.What should I do?
    TT_____TT

    Tasukete kudasai,amalina-san!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadiah-san, you watched EVERYTHING ah? aigoo... next time don't watch EVERYTHING.

    I had to ignore certain parts because they were too scary. Especially when it came to the women and children *shudder*.

    i'm planning to buy that book, rape of nanking, but i dunno if i can stomach it.

    ReplyDelete