I think I promised to tell my roomie about this sup paku ordeal.
When we were small, Mak told about this story--I 'll just write the synopsis of it:
There was once a man, and for reasons that I can't remember, the man was hungry, and he met an old lady.
He told the lady he would make "nail soup", and that he would require nothing from the lady (the lady was stingy--she didn't want to give the man any food. I think she claimed to not having any food at all.)
Intrigued, the lady provided him the material he needed for the soup. I think at first he only said he'd need nail and water. But then he said the soup would taste better if they had carrots. And potatoes. And meat. And so on and so forth. Until one time, the man had lots of ingredients.
So of course, the man made a very delicious soup with various ingredients. And they ate like they were old friends.
*~~*
In our family's case, "sup paku" means making soup with whatever ingredients you have in the kitchen.
So no one "sup paku" will be the same, because I would only cook the soup according to the ingredient at hand.
For example, I used to make a damn spicy "sup paku" with minced beef.
The other say I made another "sup paku" with crabmeat (the crab sticks you eat in yong tau foo) and cabbages and eggs.
I used to create another "sup paku" with tuna, honey, chillies and eggs.
I promised Angah I would make the spicy beef soup... But we ain't got no minced meat lah right now...
*~~~*
I thought about writing the recipes of the food I cook (since I had been thinking about writing useful things in this blog.) The problem is, sometimes I cook according to ultimate pembantaian aka my instincts, so you never have a definite recipe.
Lemme think about it first. Writing recipes about simple cookings would be boring ne? Unless lah I suddenly bake cheesecakes or make carbonara pasta.
Lemme think about it... Lemme think...
When we were small, Mak told about this story--I 'll just write the synopsis of it:
There was once a man, and for reasons that I can't remember, the man was hungry, and he met an old lady.
He told the lady he would make "nail soup", and that he would require nothing from the lady (the lady was stingy--she didn't want to give the man any food. I think she claimed to not having any food at all.)
Intrigued, the lady provided him the material he needed for the soup. I think at first he only said he'd need nail and water. But then he said the soup would taste better if they had carrots. And potatoes. And meat. And so on and so forth. Until one time, the man had lots of ingredients.
So of course, the man made a very delicious soup with various ingredients. And they ate like they were old friends.
*~~*
In our family's case, "sup paku" means making soup with whatever ingredients you have in the kitchen.
So no one "sup paku" will be the same, because I would only cook the soup according to the ingredient at hand.
For example, I used to make a damn spicy "sup paku" with minced beef.
The other say I made another "sup paku" with crabmeat (the crab sticks you eat in yong tau foo) and cabbages and eggs.
I used to create another "sup paku" with tuna, honey, chillies and eggs.
I promised Angah I would make the spicy beef soup... But we ain't got no minced meat lah right now...
*~~~*
I thought about writing the recipes of the food I cook (since I had been thinking about writing useful things in this blog.) The problem is, sometimes I cook according to ultimate pembantaian aka my instincts, so you never have a definite recipe.
Lemme think about it first. Writing recipes about simple cookings would be boring ne? Unless lah I suddenly bake cheesecakes or make carbonara pasta.
Lemme think about it... Lemme think...

We were fresh out of decent things in the kitchen at that time. :P
Maaf,sebagai insan yang bertanggungjawab,aku terpaksa memberitahu,jangan makan crabmeat tu lagi dan sebabnya akan aku beritahu nanti,bahaya....dan kalau kau ternampak orang makan crabmeat tu,halang orang tu terutama orang Islam....sekian,terima kasih :-)
ReplyDelete