What's with the Twilight craze right now?
OK, Twilight isn't exactly new, but I still dunno much about it.
FOr one, I received mixed reaction regarding the book.
Some of my friends swore the books were a waste of time.
Even my sis couldn't stand it.
Some of my other friends, on the other hand, swore the book was good.
Even my roommate's in love with the book.
At first, I thought about reading the book myself. Since my sis bought the book, I told her to read it first, then tell me how it was.
My sis couldn't stand the book. Oh, she read it alright. She just couldn't finish it. She said she couldn't stand the fluff. And the plot. And the characters. (That's almost everything in a book, right?).
But then again, my sis couldn't stand a romance novel I read (too many dialogues she says), and my sis prefers Jane Austen's books (she rererereads Pride Prejudice, she's in love with CAPTAIN WENTWORTH from Persuasion, and she reads ALL of Ms. Austen's work, except for Emma. I heard Emma is too long-winded. Plus, the sis bought spin-offs of Pride and Prejudice.)
So I might not take her review that seriously. (:
Another friend had condensed the whole book into a few lines. THAT'S how simple the book is to her.
Now, a few other friends rewatch the Twilight movie, couldn't wait for the new stock to come in the bookstore, and downloaded the newest book (what was it? Midnight Sun? Something like that).
I honestly don't want to read Twilight.
At first I told my sis I might be able to tolerate Twilight better than her (because I'm used to reading romance novels, and thus, more immune to fluffs).
But now that I think about it, I want to be special (cewah).
When people got so caught up in Twilight craze, I can go "Twilight? What Twilight? Oh, I don't read the book. Sorry."
Amalina will not conform to society's norm!!! (Albeit the fact that she conforms to everything else the norm dictates. =___=)
So, Twilight might be good, it might be bad. I wouldn't know.
P/S: Read other books also lah. Classics for example. *shudder* I could never finish classics. I wonder why. I picked up Great Expectations, but could never finish it. =____=
Antara Socrates dan Salamis: Merenung ‘Kerosakan’ Anak Muda dalam Memori
Sejarah
-
“Berbaloi pelaburan €2 aku!” Saya mengomel sendirian. Saya sedang membaca
buku Corrupting Youth: Political Education, Democratic Culture, and
Political The...
4 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment