Let me start first by putting down my camera phone.
And a few warnings:
1. Banyak gambar ahead.
2. Banyak ramblings ahead.
3. Banyak gambar tak berkualiti ahead.
But what the hey. At least the family (and stalkers, if I have any) will know what I've been up to these past few... Weeks.
*~*~*
Pre-Muktamar at Purdue. I don't have a single picture in Purdue. Go stalk Tini and Auzy and everyone else's FBs to see the pics.
I ice-skated for the first time. It was slippery but manageable because I can play the roller blade already.
I also snow-sledded. It was awesome. But we had one accident involving Azimah. Alhamdulilah she's okay now. The lesson here: Bring your insurance card WHEREVER YOU GO. One night at the hospital here can cost up to $1000.
Another lesson: Kalau nak snow-sled, make sure takda pokok di hadapan, belakang, kiri atau kanan anda. Terima kasih.
Purdue was cold as hell. Colder than Pitt.
*~*~*
After Purdue, we went to St Louis, Missouri. Kak Hanna and Kak Dila rented two big asses vans. Each van can accomodate 15 people.
We were accompanied by ikhwah (aka males) on our way there.
*~*~*

The only pictures I have of the front of the hotel we were staying in. Sabrina and I were cucuk-ing duit. We didn't wear any jackets nor bubbles, and we were wearing skirts. Sejuk gila. Jangan buat macam ni lagi.
Ustaz Hasanuddin. I didn't do him justice here. Just google his name and you'll find out he's a strong player in Aqsa Syarif. Awesome and funny speaker.
Inside the hotel compound. Again, go stalk Tini and Auzy's FBs for more picture. The place was gorgeous by the way.
Nadiah-san yang cool.
Some random people I met inside the Versailles rooms.
Closing night at the Muktamar. Ramai gila orang-orang Nusantara di St Louis masa Muktamar.
Our room during the Muktamar. Damn comfy. It's warm, the bed was soft, the TV was making me braind-dead = Best.BTW, I wasn't camwhoring in the bathroom. I was trying to take the picture of the bathroom itself (and I know I failed miserably. Sorry).
On our way to Lake Ozarks, we stopped by the Arch at St. Louis. Pretty interesting. Unfortunately I was sleeping in the van, so I didn't even step a foot out on this soil. There were museums, awesome views, shops, and a statue of Louis and Clark (they ended their journey here I think), but I wasn't able to do much here. Sorry. Sleep was more important to me then.
On the way back from the Arch, we crossed upon the carriage. I only managed to take this picture.*~*~*
Post-Muktamar at Lake Ozarks, Missouri.
The kakaks rented a house (we call cabin).
The view at the back of the house. It was sunny in Lake Ozarks. No snow at all. Heaven.
There's a dock (is it a dock? Tell me if I'm wrong yeah) down there. We were heading down to "fish". I think that's Nadiah in the pic.
Awesome. I could just sit there all day, then amek wudu' using the lake water, pray there, and continue sitting. Best gila. But I didn't manage to do that la kan.
It got darker after a while. The kids gave up fishing (no fish!) and instead fed the birds their bait--which were chicken skin. A lot of the birds came near us and circled the lake, but then a pakcik nearby shouted at us, so we stopped feeding the birds. Takut jugak.
Another pakcik was busy burning trash. He did this at least once a day.
We were in the Lake Ozarks State Park. Again, just sitting at the dock (dock ke?) and tangkap-tangkap gambar.
See the white board? Basically it warns sailors, saying that if the captain is drunk, the chances for them to die is higher. So it'd be wise to not let the captain become intoxicated, and it'd be good if they can elect good captains. Interesting no? Too bad my camera couldn't capture the words.
Lake of the Ozarks State Park.
The views from where I was sitting at the end of the dock (dock?). Again, I could just sit here all day just watching the trees and the water. Awesome view. Suka sangat.
Next stop: Ha Ha Tonka State Park. You wouldn't believe me if I just said that would you? Well, I ain't lying. It's called Ha Ha Tonka State Park alright. And it has castle ruins. We were all like, "Castle Ruins tengah-tengah US ni? Kat Central part lak tu... Tipu la..." Turned out some guy built a castle here some years ago. He died before it was finished, but his son completed it in 1922. Then it was destroyed in a fire around the 1940s (1942 if I'm not mistaken). So it's a relatively young castle ruins.
The ruins. It looks new. If you're a Malaysian, you probably won't find it fascinating. A Famosa is bigger and older.
<*~*~*>
A couple of ducks got close to us on our last day at the cabin. Best dapat tengok itik dekat-dekat. I wonder what ducks do on their free days?
The view of the "cabin" from the dock (dock?).
The view of the "cabin" from the front. See, ada lake kat belakang rumah. Awesome gila. Seriously.
Kak Dila yang also awesome and comel.
*~*~*
On our way back to Purdue, we hijacked a McDonalds, brought in trays of nasi putih, sayur campur, and bags of ayam BBQ, and started eating in the McDonalds. Malu gila okay. Malu gila. But it had to be done, I know. After I finished eating (which I did fairly fast), I immediately pergi sembahyang, then I waited outside the McDonalds. Mintak ampun kepada management McDonalds tersebut.
The McDonalds that was invaded by Malaysian girls. I took this picture form outside.*~*~*
Basically that's it. Please, maybe if I have time I'll ramble about the pengisians that I got.
But as of right now, I'm more worried about my upcoming classes.
My Orgo 2 is gonna be hard.
I heard my Seminar in Composition instructor is a tough grader.
And my Ottoman Empire instructor also seems tough.
And no, I'm not exaggerating. This semester scares me. A lot.
Pray to Allah that I will be on the right path.
Salam.
Salam.
ReplyDeleteYay! Back to school, to face the reality. Doakan kami semua kuat di sini.
:)
p/s: best apa dapat hijack McD. bukan selalu kan... :P
I literally lol'd at "Best dapat tengok itik dekat-dekat" -__-
ReplyDeleteEeeee bestnya. Tak sabar nak fly, haha.
eh.. mcD situ halal ka..?
ReplyDelete