In my Ottoman Empire class, there's this one thick book-Osman's Dream by Caroline Finkel--that we have to read.
Upon reading it, I felt like reading Lord Of the Rings novel (especially the thick, compilation type that I have back in Malaysia).
All the weird Turkic names and places and maps in the book are totally alien to me. Unfortunately, there ain't no Frodos or dashing Faramirs (at least not yet) in the book.
And I always have to remind myself that all those weird names and places actually existed.
And the wars and people were/are real.
It ain't ficitonal.
*~*~*
But as of right now I'm benefitting from the class.
You know why? Because I got so anxious that the instructor might ask me when it comes to Islamic history (like what was Perang Siffin all about? How about the Karbala incident? What are the Sunnis and Shiites?).
Truth be told I don't know much about any of those stuffs.
So upon enterting this class, due to my anxiousness, I was able to know (even if a little bit) about Islamic history.
Takde la blur sangat when people ask me about Perang Siffin ke, etc.
*~*~*
Yes yes, I don't know much about Islamic History. Teruk kan?
That's why I always tell people I read stupid books. I seldom read educational books that can be of real benefit to me.
*~*~*
Okay, itu sahaja.
Friday Lab is scaring me. A LOT.
Antara Socrates dan Salamis: Merenung ‘Kerosakan’ Anak Muda dalam Memori
Sejarah
-
“Berbaloi pelaburan €2 aku!” Saya mengomel sendirian. Saya sedang membaca
buku Corrupting Youth: Political Education, Democratic Culture, and
Political The...
4 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment