So I woke up around 5:45am, feeling as cold as hell. I had to go out of the room to get a few pieces of tissue papers. Not really a good feeling.
At first I thought it was just a morning sickness. But by 10:00am, when everyone had come back from their Raya prayers, I STILL had runny nose. Ergh.
So we took pictures and salam-salam and got duit raya. The usual.
Then more people came. Mak Long, Mak Tam, etc. More money, more pics.
And yes, I burst a pimple on my nose. Everyone talked about it (ok, maybe not EVERYONE).
Salam moment:
Tok Ji: Apa kat hidung tu?
To Wan: Jerawat.
Amalina: Jangan lah cakap…
*~*~~
Angah: Berdarah weh jerawat ko
Amalina: No, it's dried blood.
*~*~*
Mak Tam, for some reason, began talking about my jerawat.
Tok Wan: Sebab die korek kan benda tu…
Mak Tam: Oh, aah patutlah…
*~*~*
But I decided not to make such a big fuss about it. It's raya anyways, hey!
*~*~*
We went to visit people at Kerinchi. Met Opah We and Opah Yah, and Opah Tam later came by. More stories about the family, yadda yadda. Haish.
*~*~*
And we went to Uncle Ishak's house. So many cats.
*~*~*
And all these while, I had been wiping my runny nose. Sampai sakit hidung due to the abrasion the tissue papers caused to my skin. Not really a good way of celebrating Raya.
Especially when praying. When ruku' or sujud, I had to pray the mucus wouldn't slime out of my nose. Habis tahiyyat akhir jer, terus lap hingus. Ewww, disgusting, I know.
*~*~*
We got back to Meru then, and slept. When I woke up, I had a runny nose AND a sore throat. I couldn't take it anymore, and asked Mak to go to a clinic.
So we did. I just had my medicine. And starting to feel better now. But I still want to wear double t-shirts tonight. Urgh.
One thing about Meru is that it's like a desert. At night/morning, it's cold like hell. In the afternoon, it's as hot as hell.
Well, at least we got to meet relatives and celebrate Raya ne?
Antara Socrates dan Salamis: Merenung ‘Kerosakan’ Anak Muda dalam Memori
Sejarah
-
“Berbaloi pelaburan €2 aku!” Saya mengomel sendirian. Saya sedang membaca
buku Corrupting Youth: Political Education, Democratic Culture, and
Political The...
4 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment