Saturday, May 7, 2011

Is it Mother's Day already?

This is my Mak and my Abah.


I thought Mother's Day is on May 11th (because I remember checking JPA's website, and I got the offer, and I told my Mak my JPA's acceptance is my Mother's Day gift for her).

Apparently, Mother's Day is... Somewhere around the corner. Or is it today? Frankly, I don't know.

Obviously this shows how much we don't celebrate these arbitrary things.

Regardless of that, I just want to say thank you to my Mak.

*~*~*

I think I said it last year, but I guess good things can be said over and over again.

Thank you for EVERYTHING Mak. Words alone can never convey the depth of my feelings.

Perhaps I can never comprehend the depth of my own feelings for you.

Maybe, someday, when I have a child of my own, when I experience motherhood for myself, then only can I truly appreciate your sacrifices and love.

Until then, I'm still your young (although I honestly feel old) daughter who can only sprout pretty words of thank you without fully understanding your point of view, your hard work, your love.

I think you're an amazing, awesome Mak. Hehe. While some people might be embarrassed by their moms, I'm actually proud of you. Hehe.

Unconsciously, the way you've lived your life influenced my decisions in life too. I don't know if you realize this already. I map out my life in such a way that it almost mirrors yours.

*~*~*

Recently I realize that parents are not as perfect and invincible as I used to think they were. They're humans too.

So I do wonder, have you ever doubted your ability as a mother, Mak?

Maybe that never happens, but in case it did, I'm here to assure you that you did a good job as a mother.

You juggle your carrier with your family, and you told me before you lean more towards the family side. But I think your carrier path is not THAT bad jugak kan? So all in all, I think you manage to balance things out just nice.

And yes, I now realize that you've given us a lot of opportunities and good education. I'm forever grateful for that.

You're really flexible, you let us choose whatever we want to do. You never pressure us to perform well in school or anything. So I think that flexibility of yours really helps shape us siblings.

*~*~*

Like I said before, I never do things to make my parents (or anyone else for that matter) proud.

I usually do things to make myself proud first.

But regardless of that, I hope whatever meager achievements I've made in my 21 years of life will make you proud.

And I know I'm stubborn and probably rude to you sometimes, so I'm sorry.

I can never be the perfect daughter but hey, there are times when I'm good too right? So I hope that's enough for you. Haha.

But I am aware of my degil-ness. I do. And if I keep thinking about it, I'm gonna see MORE flaws on my part, so I'm going to stop thinking about it right now.

*~*~*

Seriously, should I buy you anything for Mother's Day? I don't know what to get for you. I can't buy you jeweleries, so...

Angah, if you're reading this, go out and drive to that kedai kek with Ujai and buy a cake for Mak. Nanti aku balik Malaysia aku bayar kau.

Well, since Mak might be reading this, it might not be a surprise anymore. Well, too bad. Just buy the cake, and you guys can eat the cake together.

*~*~*

Oh, and people are changing their profile pictures to pictures of their moms on Facebook. I don't do that, because I don't like to put any pictures on Facebook. Not anymore. So during Mother's Day, the Vegeta is still going to be my profile pic, ye Mak? Just telling you in case you're wondering why I didn't change my profile pic.

*~*~*

All in all, just want to say thank you, and I love you (hey, but lately I tell you I love you often kan kan kan?)...

Thank you Allah for giving me such a wonderful Mak.

Hopefully this daughter of yours will be a good investment for you in the afterlife, ye Mak?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the beautiful words. Let us pray to Allah that our future will be blessed, and we will always be in the true path. Amin

    Dont worry about the cake, we dont really celeberate any "day", remember?

    Angah and I just bought a cheese cake the other day....some are still in the fridge. So no cake Angah and Ujai.

    ReplyDelete