*~*~*
Here are a few things I found about the US (or maybe Pittsburgh je kot) that I think are quite peculiar:
1. They don't have gayongs here. Seriously. No gayongs.
2. They also don't have those rubber hose yang guna untuk paip kat jamban yang usually kaler oren tu.
3. Sometimes, especially in the midwest kot, they don't have clean water. Air paip diorang kadang-kadang berkeladak and berminyak. How do you get clean water for drinking? You buy water at Walmart.
Here in Pittsburgh we use a type of jug called Brita. It has a filter, so minum air yang dah filter.
4. Bathroom dia takde longkang. Jadi kalau nak mandi dalam bathtub je okay? Jangan mandi depan sink, habis banjir bilik air nanti.
No, I'm not kidding. And yes, ada kes orang-orang membanjirkan bilik air. Kalau ada siapa-siapa nak fly to US dah, heed this advice.
5. They don't have UHU glue. Or something resembling UHU glue.
6. Pencil leads are so expensive. It's not even funny.
7. The people here usually salin pensel tekan instead of salin ubat pensel. Or at least the ones I see in Pitt la.
8. They have organic bed sheets.
9. They don't have chili sos macam kat Malaysia. Betul, no cili sos.
10. Penajam pisau pun takde. I don't know what it's called in English. Jadi kalau semua pisau tumpul, beli pisau baru.
11. Phones come with service provider. Which sucks.
12. Payung mahal gila. Okay, maybe I'm just stingy, but seriously, payung mahal gila. I went to Target just now and one small payung costs $12.00. Seriously, seriously, siapa nak beli payung $12.00???
Baik balik Malaysia beli payung.
13. Coins have no numbers.
I'm only able to identify the quarter coins--$0.25. Yes, I'm still not good with coins here.
You can laugh at me now.
14. They don't have deodorant yang rolling kind tu. They have a lot of stick deodorants. Why the heck don't they have those rolling deodorants???
*~*~*
I think that's it for now. If I have anything else that pops in my head, I'll write about it another time.
Interesting!
ReplyDeleteYes, interesting. So this Fall, when you're coming to the US, bawak la gayong, UHU glue, pencil leads, cili sos, payung, and penajam pisau.
ReplyDeleteI think they are promoting the use of wooden pencils. More organic la katakan.
ReplyDelete-Kai
You can get lotsa freee stuffs here!
ReplyDeleteMwahaha... :P
Kena bawak gayong? -__-
ReplyDelete...If your luggage ada space, why not? :P
ReplyDelete