Saturday, December 11, 2010

Random pictures

The Gamelan performance during the Festival of World Music I attended last Sunday. Boleh nampak tak patung tu? It's a puppet from wayang golek, which I think isn't famous in Malaysia. Nama patung tu Betara Indra.



View of the computers on the 3rd floor of Hillman Library. I think this was a Saturday morning, that's why tak ramai orang. Otherwise penuh.



This is the Cathedral of Learning. Usually language classes are held here. It has a Hogwart-ish sort of environment inside it. I don't like environments like that--dim light, susah nak belajar.




All 3 pics up there are views form a bench inside the Cathedral. I was doing orgo while waiting for Arabic class to start. I dunno if you can tell, but it's pretty Hogwart-ish.


A picture I took a few days ago. Snow! I was trying to capture pictures of snowflakes (because really, they're awesome!), but they melt too fast. I personally think snowflakes are awesome. They're pretty and symmetrical, and it shows how awesome Allah is.


Kak Faz was online-shopping the other day, and she needed a few more bucks in order to have her stuffs shipped free. So Ain and I ordered student ID case, and it was $7 each. Mine's yellow, Ain's is blue-green. And the other ID is the State ID we made yesterday. It's a temporary ID while we wait for the real ones to be mailed to us.


Yesterday, after making our state IDs, I bought a bouquet of roses at Downtown. The bouquet was only $1~~! Murah gila. Actually, I've been meaning to buy flowers ever since I saw people selling them. Yesterday was the first time I actually bought flowers.

This one I put on my study desk. It's the sweetest smelling one.


The white ones are put together here.


Bagus sangat. Rumah putih, periuk nasi putih, fireplace putih, heater putih, meja putih, ros putih.



A few roses are put in our bedroom. Beside the window.


The restroom. I think our restroom has some sort of pink theme. The shower curtain is pink-black. See the pink roses on the shelf?


These pink ones are huge.


The views from our windows. Today isn't snowing. YEAY! And the sun is up. Best gila hari ni. But tomorrow there might be rain with snow. Mesti sejuk~~~



Okie-dokie. I might post these up on my FB, so that sedare-mare can have a look, what do you think?

Anyways, don't complain that I don't take pictures here yah?

*~*~*

Next, study for orgo.

















11 comments:

  1. cantiknyer roses tu!!!
    I wish I could buy them in the future.
    aim, aim, aim!!

    p/s: good luck final amalina.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamu'alaikum.

    Wow, you've got roses for only $1! SUPER murah lah. Jaga bunga-bunga tu baik-baik yeah. And you guys have state IDs? Untuk apakah?

    Btw, Vaseline lotion & Herbal Essence shampoo dalam bathroom tu beli dekat sini ka Msia? Cos if you bought it from here, kena jaga-jaga sikit with the ingredients.

    P/S: Selamat maju jaya with your finals too, Amalina-san!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat Columbus, mesti ada roses, nanti ada chance beli la Nisah. :)

    Those things I bought here la Nadiah-san... Macam mana nak tau ingredients yang bahaya? O__o Cuak jugak ni...

    State ID tu untuk preMuktamar nanti. We can just show the State ID kat airport without having to endanger our passport, ehehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betara Indra tu yg berdiri kat depan ke?

    Eee, kenapa letak kat situ? O_O Scary...

    Waa~! Suddenly jeles dgn sistel *jeles*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah, the patung that stands in front tu Betara Indra. Actually, all the puppets in Wayang Golek look scary. Seriously. And you should listen to the live gamelan--Especially the loceng2 thingy--scary jugak.

    Why are you jeles of sistel? *doesn't understand*.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally love the roses~
    They dry up too fast in Malaysia.

    -Kai-

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should check it at this Muslim Consumer group in US site, http://www.muslimconsumergroup.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=228&Itemid=125&resetfilters=0&clearordering=0&clearfilters=0. The non-zabiha fat refers to the glycerin in the lotion.

    But still, kalau Amalina nak lagi confirm, try to ask your seniors lah jugak ya. :)

    Oooh...baru tau kewujudan& purpose state IDs ni. Thanks for the info, Amalina-san!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rudy, you can't even see my room in the picture pun...?

    And Nadiah-san, thanks to you, i discovered I can't use my lotion, my shampoo, and my moisturizer! I emailed Johnson&Johnson and Cetaphil nak tanya pasal ingredients barang diorang.

    Huhu, after finals, kena beli benda2 baru lah...

    And Kaizen-san, are you who I think you are??? hehehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heeeeeh~~ (● ̄▽ ̄●;)

    W-well, I think I should at least let you know that I read your blog ...rather than silently stalking..

    ReplyDelete