I like this phrase by Kak Fisya.
She suggested for us to conserve time for Allah, and NOTHING, absolutely nothing, must interfere with this time.
In our case, it's going to usrah.
*~*~*
Some people, especially university students, will argue:
"I have a lot of work to finish! I need time to finish all the work! I don't have time to spare for usrah!"
Allah made you alive today didn't He?
He gave you the opportunity to gain His knowledge, when other people couldn't.
And you couldn't spend a few hours for Him?
*~*~*
Imagine, if you were to die tomorrow (it is very possible you know?), then all your homework, Chemistry lab report, Chemistry methodology, Art Draft 3, Art tracing project, MPW assigments, and whatnot, will not matter anymore.
What matters most when you're dead is how much have you worked for Allah's right path.
*~*~*
It's a very terrifying thought: If you die tomorrow, do you think you'll be able to enter Heaven?
Truth be told, I don't think I can enter Heaven. Not yet. Not with all that I have done in this 20 years of my life.
*~*~*
That's why when you open your eyes for another day, you should be thankful you're still alive.
But at the same time, you have to remember that you're one day nearer to your death.
*~*~*
So, question to ponder everyday:
"If I were to die tomorrow, could I go to Heaven?"
*~*~*
P/S: I read somewhere just now that you shouldn't wear rings on your index and middle fingers (it's one of those "amalan Jahiliyyah). So I switched my ring to my ring finger (duh, it's called the ring finger). But it feels awkward having the ring there.
So, question to ponder everyday:
ReplyDelete"If I were to die tomorrow, could I go to Heaven?"
I like this.
Buat lah macam mana pun, we'll never be able to run from this question.
Setiap hari,jam.minit dan saat pun kta kena ingat pasal mati.Nak quote ayat Shira skit,
" Sesungguhnya, hanya mereka yang sentiasa mengingati mati adalah mereka yang bijaksana."
......................
Thanks for this reminder, Amalina-san!
Regarding the wearing of rings, i think as long as you know what you are doing is not following the jahilliyah custom, it is not a big deal. We dont want to create another fitnah when people see a diamond ring on your ring finger!!
ReplyDeletei dont know why..i just like this one..oh thanx for sharing.
ReplyDelete