
I finished reading this book (*points upward*) yesterday. It was so-so, and it's only fun if you know a little bit about Greek myths (which I know a little wee bit).
Otherwise, you'd go, "APOKOBONDO BUKU CERITA NI? TAK PAHAM EDEN! WHAT KRONOS? WHAT OURANOS? WHAT TITANS?"
Yeah. But even when you get the book, it's not very interesting.
But but but... The depictions of Hades and Charon were awesome!
Hades went like, "DO YOU THINK I WANT MORE DEAD PEOPLE? HAVE YOU SEEN THE TRAFFIC IN THE UNDERWORLD? CHARON HAS BEEN A PAIN IN THE BACKSIDE SINCE HE DISCOVERED ITALIAN SUITS!"
Oops, spoiler.
Another reason I don't like this--infidelity. I am so against that. So basically, there's this camp that keeps all the Gods' illegitimate children. Not nice dude, not nice. Even the hero's an illegitimate child. Not nice.
Which leads me into another topic altogether.
I discovered today this book has a movie!
Le gasp!
I wasn't so enthusiastic about watching it, since the book itself is *blah*. But Sean Bean is acting as Zeus... Hmmm... Now THAT'S interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment