...Is too much.
Hish.
Malaysia only had 6 prime ministers as of now, but learning about the contribution of those 6 would be troublesome, ain't it?
Tunku= Independence.
Tun Abdul Razak= Racial integrity, economic improvements (NEP, Buku Hijau, Buku Merah, FELDA, FELCRA)
Tun Hussein Onn= MARA? What else he did? I can't remember. I think something about banking or something.
Tun M= No need to say. A LOT
Pak Lah= ... Islam Hadhari?
And now we're waiting what Najib would do.
Now, why am I babbling about our national leaders?
Well, just to show you--I'm born and bred Malaysian. Still, I dunno the contributions of these 6.
How about US's leaders?
Let's see...
From chapter 5...
George Washington--The first President. Strict about the seperation of powers. Made the Cabinet, even when it wasn't stated in the Constitution. Did not get involved in Congress business. Didn't want parties in government.
John Adams--Federalist. Midnight Judges.
Thomas Jefferson--Republican. Belived in agrarian community. Enemy of Hamilton. Let Sedition and Alien acts expire. Repealed whiskey tax and excise tax.Let Hamilton's fiscal policy stay. Reduced expenditure on army and navy. Introduced Embargo Act. Strongly believed the power in people. Louisiana Purchase! (Robert Livingstone and James Monroe).
James Madison--War of 1812. Father of the Constitution. Republican.
Is the sequence correct?
I do hope it's right. Ok, those are the Presidents.
Others:
Alexander Hamilton: Believed in strong central government. Paid Revolutionary war debts. Tax on southern states (in exchange, Potomac became capital). Introduced first national bank (proper and necessary). Hamiltonian view--Loose interpretation of Constitution. Economic planning--wanted US to have diversified economy; government help--subsidies, tariffs, encouragement for manufacturers. Died because of a duel with Aaron Burr.
Only Hamilton?
What about others?
Lemme perah my otak...
Andrew Jackson?--Hot headed, emotional, a common man's President.
OH!
JOHN MARSHALL! How could I forget him... Let's see...
--Made the judicial branch powerful (only the Supreme Court could rule legislation or bills passed bby legislative branch as unconstitutional).
--Marbury v Madison
--believed in sanctity of contracts and strong central government (Federalist).
...
That's a lot of people.
Haish.
Yosh2.
Tomorrow read again!
Antara Socrates dan Salamis: Merenung ‘Kerosakan’ Anak Muda dalam Memori
Sejarah
-
“Berbaloi pelaburan €2 aku!” Saya mengomel sendirian. Saya sedang membaca
buku Corrupting Youth: Political Education, Democratic Culture, and
Political The...
4 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment