Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Of Bahasa Melayu.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to debate the issue of language here.)

I think my Bahasa Melayu is not as good as it used to be (as when I was in school).

I had Islamic Studies test just now. We had to answer in Bahasa Melayu.

And I couldn't write in Malay as good as I used to.

When I was talking about peradaban and tamadun, certain words eluded me.

How do you say "highest form of relationship"?

I translated that as "hubungan yang paling tinggi darjatnya".

Sounds awkward, I know. =___="


ARGH!

I don't like this. I want my Bahasa Melayu skills back again.

I was quite good in that language!


I should write more Malay essays!

Yosh!



(The Bahasa Melayu I'm referring to here is the formal language. I don't mean the bahasa pasar, like this:

"Pastu aku aku arh Bleach, yg "Turn the pendulum" tuh. Bpk best arh citer die!!! >__<. Shinji stylo gile! Aku ske! Aku ske! Tapi si tua Yamaji tu aku x ske. Dah lah berat sebelah, tah pape lak tu!"

I can still converse well in this kind of bahasa pasar, thank you very much.


See? NOT that kind of language.)

No comments:

Post a Comment