Thursday, January 12, 2012

Of this semester




12 tahun yang lalu, saya masih kanak-kanak ceria berumur 10 tahun di Sekolah Jalan Tiga.


Classes currently enrolled in:

Islamic Civ.
Social Psychology
Biochem
Ecology

Research: Traw Lab.

*~*~*

I managed to make my World Religions class fulfill the philosophy gen. ed. requirement. Alhamdulillah.

Sudah, tak perlu fikir if God exists, if the mind is part of the body or not, etc.

Tak perlu baca Descartes, Marx, Freud, etc.

*~*~*

I had a "chat" with Prof. Traw just now, and alhamdulillah I got to be a member of his lab. I'll be working under a supervisor, a post-grad student.

Most probably I'll be working with the bacteria aspect of the whole research.

Prof. Traw was just so... Energetic, and cheerful, and fast. Which was good for me.

And he liked the fact that I'm not a pre-med student.

"(Looks at resume) So you're not a pre-med?"

"(Vehemently) Noooo... (*Why would I be a pre-med*)?"

"Ohhh... That's good then (muka Prof. Traw sangat teruja). Most of the undergrads here are pre-med, and they're interested to know how the plants' defense systems compare to those of animals'."

*~*~*

I'm going to work in his lab for 2 credits, so that means 10 hours of lab work per week.

Yes people, I am terrified about my time-management now.

Biochem ain't easy, and taking it together with ecology means I need to manage my time well.

And as we all know, I'm a professional procrastinator (bukan tabiat Muslim yang cemerlang, jangan contohi).

Added with 10 hours of lab work... Hmmm... Boleh ke ni Amalina...?

*~*~*

That's it for now.

Saya doakan anda-anda yang telah/akan memulakan pembelajaran di universiti masing-masing supaya anda berjaya dalam pelajaran.

Jangan terlalu kiasu (peringatan untuk diri sendiri terutama), ingat Allah dalam kesibukan kita mengutip ilmuNya (huhu, nih, kalau Amalina tulis tak serupa bikin, anda boleh pelempang tegur Amalina).

Selamat bermujahadah.

P/S: Kalau anda penat study, rehat-rehatlah dulu. Jangan nanti ada kes masak telur goreng letak garam. :P

12 comments:

  1. Telur goreng garam adalah respi budak medik =P

    Btw, you look.. cute. huhu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pendeknye la budak kecik tu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mana tau, kalau2 ramai budak non-medik di US ni yang bekerja keras seperti budak medik, habis letak garam kat telur goreng. But I still think sedap ape masak macam tu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awat comel sgt budak kat tgh tuu :)

    goodluck amalina may Allah ease :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha comel gilaaa.. igt lagi dulu2.. xDD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cik nshira: terima kasih. Anda pun belejar baik2 di Ohio itu. :)

    Cik Najwa: Kita sama kelas kan darjah 4? Kelas 4 Kenanga kan? Kan? Gosh, this shows betapa keciknya Bangi ini--kawan dari skolah rendah sampai universiti. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. O-kayyyy, I really like the fact that you're taking Social Psycho. May you gain lotsa benefits from it iA, Amalina!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cik nadiah: i might take 2 psycho classes this semester. and i kept remembering you when i was doing any psycho-related things this past week. insyaAllah i will benefit from the class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah Rudy. I got uglier as I grow up. I realize that too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha yeap same class.. 4 kenanga.. dimana kita semua suka pergi tandas.. xDD sebab sebelah jek..

    ReplyDelete
  11. aah! tandas yg besar gila tu kan? I likethat tandas! ada bilik persalinan dalam tu...

    ReplyDelete