Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sporadic picture dump.

I realized how bad I am at uploading pictures just now--These pics are from before I went back to Malaysia... Pic spam:

I bought my first canned sardines (bukan macam kat Malaysia tu) just now. And I made this sardine sammich with tomato, capsicum, onion, cheese, Sri Racha sauce, and lemon juice. --SEDAP GILA! I love canned sardines now!


Rendang ayam I made for Pitt's raya celebration last Saturday.


On the first day of raya, I woke up at 4:00am and studied for my microb lab. And looked for classes for add/drop.




At terminal 4 at JFK during our way back to Pittsburgh.


Jamban at Hong Kong on our way back to Pittsburgh. I prefer the toilet seat soap/detergent/disinfectant than using toilet seat paper--the paper is kinda annoying. I think the disinfectant is better.

Kucing gila sebelah rumah.


Hong Kong on our way to MALAYSIA. Excited gila masa tu nak sampai rumah dah.


JFK on our back to MALAYSIA. We prayed here because there were curtains--so orang tak masuk. Kinda nice.


AirTrain in JFK. You need to ride one of these things here sebab terminal kat JFK jauh-jauh.

The pictures below are from my visit to Ohio State Uni:


They has Barnes and Noble near their campus!!!



The hobbit-like structures are from an interior-designing (or something) building.


Gemstone display in the library. They even provide infos about gemstone class on the display. Nadiah-san seemed interested.


Library at the... Err... More like geology library, basically. Very ancient like, but very small.




A small museum near the geology library. Have you ever walked in front of a T-rex's skull? I did, and man, it was scary. I felt like I was gonna get eaten by it. Instinct to protect yourself, I guess.





Around Mirror Lake. There were ducks and swans here, I don't know why. We (Shira and I) didn't get near the angsa, takut kena sudu, malu nanti kena lari-lari depan mat salehs.


View of the Oval from the library.



Writings on the floor. I tried reading the words, but I was afraid I might disrupt people there. Tuan punya kaki was my tour guide that day.



Awesome homey part of the library. I like it.






These were all taken from the library--Thompson I think. OSU has awesome libraries don't they??? I LOVE it here. You can eat, you can study, you can pray kat mana-mana ceruk, nobody cares. Banyak tempat study lak tu. Pitt's Hillman Library pales in comparison to this Thompson. ZOMG I LOVE IT!


The Oval again.



The library's namesake.


OSU has lotsa greenery. I like it.



One of the houses I visited. The volleyball court is right in front of the building complex.


Okay, honestly, Columbus time ni memang sebijik macam Malaysia. Just look at the picture. If I didn't tell you this was in Columbus, you guys mesti ingat ni gambar kat Malaysia kan?



Bujang/Ujang/Jang (or whatever it's called). A neutered cat. Sorry for blurry pic. The cat was really active. It was HUGE. Kinda reminded me of Bibah.


They have this shopping center near their houses. Jalan kaki je boleh sampai dah. Best gila!!!


OSU Union (part of it anyways). Their Union's bigger than ours. Actually, everyone else's Unions are bigger than ours.

*~*~*

The pics below are from Pittsburgh--during the Spring/Summer.

Wild berries I found near our apartment. Looks tasty and nice, but I didn't eat them. Shame.


Stained glasses in the Cathedral


This is a house. You can rent a bedroom here. It looks like a castle doesn't it? You have many ancient-looking builidings in Pittsburgh. Cause Pittsburgh is kind of old.


Some random flowers I wanted to show Mak, since she loves flowers.


Wild flowers (near the wild berries). They were actually pink-ish. Nice huh?


Overall, OSU is an awesome university! If I'd visited OSU and Pitt before, I might have a hard time deciding between these two. But oh well, Allah takdirkan duduk kat Pitt.

That's it. Salam.

6 comments:

  1. assalam amal :)
    does your area sell copic markers? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know actually, I dislike shopping around here (except the dollar store and the Asian market).

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, i was just asking :P
    kalau xjumpe xpe ah
    nak cari yg murah2 je... klau lebih rm50 xjadi ah... :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam.. Amalina.. winter u buat ape?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, mintak maaf bekas penghuni S-12. Winter saya ke Muktamar, insyaAllah.

    ReplyDelete