Saturday, April 23, 2011

I'm 21

It's Earth Day. Who decides that anyway? It seems so arbitrary.

It's also my birthday. And I think that's arbitrary too. My birthday is probably more important to my parents. For them to remember the birth of their daughter 21 years ago.

Obviously I didn't celebrate. In fact, I had my orgo lab exam this morning. That was awesome.

*~*~*

I'm 21 now. And I feel empty.

I'm 21, and I can only see my flaws.

So Allah let me live for 21 years, and I know I've not risen to the standard Allah has set up.

*~*~*

Why am I here? On Earth?

I think we should realize that there will be a time when all of us will die.

No, stop.

Think about it.

One day I'll die.

Take a minute. Think.

*~*~*

Think about your ancestors whom you've never met.

Think about their lives. What have they contributed to the world?

What did they do?

What was their purpose in life?

*~*~*

So, on my 21st birthday, I made a few discoveries about myself:

1. I'm a mess.

2. I have oh-so-many-flaws.

3. I'm confused.

Thank you.

*~*~*

Gosh, I need to sort my mind out.

3 comments:

  1. Soalan macam masa interview untuk naik pangkat professor plk!!

    "What is your contribution to the world??"

    Mind you, that was not MY interview... I am just a lowly senior lecturer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam.

    Life as Muslims ain't that easy man. And we all know that's true.

    It's great to know that you acknowledge that you (in fact, i think it's supposed to be we) still have so much to do as Muslims in order to please Allah. So that is exactly why I, personally, think Islam encourages all of us to continue our daily struggles in life i.e., fighting against "bad" nafs, against the shaytan's trick- so that we can all be better Muslims isA.

    Don't overthink too much Amalina, for sometimes the solutions or answers that you're looking for can be the simplest ones that you might have overlooked before. ;)

    Happy 21st Birthday again, Amalina-san! May Allah reward all your deeds and bless your soul!

    p/s: Have fun w/ your exams too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. I think Im more confused/worst than you.. -___-
    reading this makes me think owh why I never think of that..

    alaa.. celebrate it at least. buat kari ayam ke ape..

    good luck exam..

    ReplyDelete