Even if I'm drowning. I won't call for help.
That's the way I like it. To not feel anything. To just be numb.
Numb is good. Numb means you don't feel anything.
*~*~*
I took a gastrointestinal (GI) cocktail last week to numb a stomach pain.
That was nice. The thing numbed my lips and tongue and throat (till I felt like swallowing something thick, since I couldn't feel my throat). It also numbed the GI track. For a while, it was comforting, to not be able to feel anything.
But that's not the cure.
*~*~*
Feeling numb won't get you far.
The pain comes back up again.
And you realize you're actually suffocating. You're in pain.
*~*~*
But it's so much easier to just be numb.
Because the medicine tastes oh-so-bitter.
*~*~*
I need help.
*~*~*
Change is needed.
Isn't that right?
*~*~*
I can't eat spciy, oily food now. I can't even eat my multigrain sandwich bread. Nor can I drink milk, consume yogurt, or eat ice cream.
I can't drink coffee or eat chocolate.
Oh, the luxuries my tongue will be missing!
*~*~*
But if change is needed to become better, then I'm willing to pay the price.
And change I must.
*~*~*
I really need help.
Antara Socrates dan Salamis: Merenung ‘Kerosakan’ Anak Muda dalam Memori
Sejarah
-
“Berbaloi pelaburan €2 aku!” Saya mengomel sendirian. Saya sedang membaca
buku Corrupting Youth: Political Education, Democratic Culture, and
Political The...
4 months ago
Assalamu'alaikum,
ReplyDeleteDude, are you having some sort of GI disease ? Gotta tell me cuz I might be able to help you with this little nutrition knowledge I have.
Jaga kesihatan ukht! Anda buat kami risauuuu